IP Address Blocking
When you discover your website and email is offline, it's probably because your IP address has been blocked.
in Support Articles by Paul
This happens because of the abuse protection on your web server, certain activities (listed below) will cause the user (or abuser) to be locked out.
Usually this is only temporary (usually 20 minutes), but it may become permanent if you are temporarily blocked more than 3 times within a 24hr period.
Common reasons for your IP address becoming blocked include (in order of popularity):
- Using an incorrect username/password combination into your control panel more than 5 times in a few minutes.
- Using an incorrect email address/password more than 5 times in a few minutes into webmail. If you have misconfigured Outlook, Mail or other email software on your PC or Mobile device to automatically fetch email using the wrong email address/password combination, this will also cause your IP address to be blocked.
- Using an incorrect username/password more than 5 times in a few minutes into a password protected web page.
- Collecting POP3 email more than 90 times in an hour (from a specific IP address from a specific mailbox).
- Accessing a page using URL parameters that have been blocked by Mod Security more than 5 times in a few minutes.
If your services are currently offline, make a note of your IP address (you can get this by doing a Google search for "whats my ip") and call us on 0114 239 8547 or SMS/WhatsApp 07460 868900 and we'll get you unblocked right away.